I have one Vox,but not where I could readily get to it.

                                               Roger

--- On Fri, 10/2/09, Michael Biel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Michael Biel <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ARSCLIST] LP Jukeboxes  (Was:Living Presence promo copies)
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Friday, October 2, 2009, 10:46 PM

Dan Nelson wrote:

> The Seebug juke box company made a "library" unit that played  12" lps. The unit was designed to play 33s or 16 2/3 rpm music discs.
> 16rpm  12" discs were released by Decca records, mostly bacground music type.
> dnw

Do you have any reference for info (or any copies) of any 12-inch Decca
16 2/3 RPM discs?  Vox put out a series of 8 them in 1958 and I have
three of them, and Prestige did 4 of them, but the only 16 2/3 Decca
pressings I've seen are 10-inch with large holes (maybe 2-inches) that
were made especially for the Seeburg.  Victor also did pressings for
them.  These discs were not sold to the public but were leased with the
machine with monthly updates.  The Vox and Prestige records were sold to
the public, looked like regular 12-inch LPs, and were listed in a
separate section in "The Long Player" and "Jazz and Pops" catalogs.  Vox
called them XLPs, and all were mastered by Rudy Van Gelder.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]