Make it 12",and you come pretty close to describing the red vinyl Red Seal Deluxe series of 1948-50.

                                        Roger

--- On Tue, 10/6/09, Aaron Levinson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Aaron Levinson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] 10" microgroove virgin vinyl 78
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 11:49 PM

Thanks Mike-

That was helpful. I think the question of 10" versus 12" is the final frontier. With the drastic drop off in high frequency response audible on the inner tracks of a 12" LP my instinct tells me that the if we are dreaming the impossible dream that a 10" microgroove @ 78 rpm on 200 gram virgin vinyl would be just about the zenith of analog disc playback. I'm sweating a little just thinking about it.

Does anyone know if such chimerical creatures were ever actually made?

Sigh...

AA