 ----- Original Message ----- From: "Lou Judson" <[log in to unmask]>

> > The Cedar box sounds interesting, but I doubt MP3s
> need it and the  real radio stations could afford it...

I never saw a Cedar  unit in any radio station i was associated with, however  almost every audio rack in master control had a "Dynafex" processor in the studio chain.
Great unit that provided a variable hi frequency band with based on apmpltude and hi frequency content.
The quietier the  content the hi frequecies were reduced thus masking surface noise or  tape hiss.  The unit also had an aural exciter to preserve the brilliance of the  remaining signal... this was user  adjustable from the front.
I still have one of these in my studio......
dnw