Please forgive any duplication, as I'm sending this message to several
lists.

We are in the process of renewing subscriptions, and I've been asked to
do "market research."  Based on customer/patron comments, we've
subscribed to different titles for years.  Because we have more
stringent procurement guidelines now, we have to provide more
documentation and justification.  In addition, we must see if viable
alternatives exist for present subscriptions.

At present, we have a bundled subscription to three ODS Petrodata
products:  "Gulf of Mexico Newsletter," "Gulf of Mexico Rig Locator,"
and "Gulf of Mexico Offshore Construction Locator."  These are online
services related to offshore oil and gas exploration and production in
the Gulf of Mexico.

I'm hoping to hear from other librarians who may have used these or
similar products.  Prior to working here, I wasn't familiar with these
products, so I don't know if there are competing services that provide
the same or very similar services.  I'm open to testimonials, critiques,
suggestions, gripes, compliments, comments, etc. to fill in background
information on any possible substitutes to these online products.

I appreciate any comments and suggestions on any possible substitutes
for these titles.

Thanks,

Steve

Stephen V. Pomes, M.L.I.S.