Hello,

I'm now implementing a z39.50 server, and this is the first time I'm dealing
with the protocol. At this point, there are some features we'd rather not
support, for various reasons. The server has a way of telling the client what
features it does support via the configInfo/supports element. But can configInfo be used to specify in advance what features the server does *not*
support? (I know I can response with a diag saying I don't support a part of a
given request, but I'd rather avoid the attempt in the first place)

To be honest, I don't get the point of explicitly declaring what you do
support. If you say you support v1.2, IMHO the client should assume you
support the full spec of v1.2, excluding what you've explicitly declared as
unsupported. Declaring features that are in the spec as supported seems
redundant to me. Have I got it all wrong?

Thanks,
Eran