Shai Drori wrote:
> Last  I heard the piano is in Japan. The family sold it for 70,000$ I
> was told. I have no way of verifying it.
I have been wondering about this for many years, especially since there
didn't seem to be any newer recordings than those made prior to the
mid-60s and I had been fascinated about the piano since I saw that TV
show I mentioned.  But this would sound right because then the Yen was
really strong they were buying a lot of high-end audio items and
antiquities.  But you would think that the owner would be promoting it
and having concerts and especially recordings since the Japanese market
for recordings like these is still strong.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]