Don-

You are suggesting that one pass with a very worn stylus produced this
kind of greying? That seems kind of hard to fathom considering all
the other anecdotal evidence that suggests that Mercury and Emarcy seem
to exhibit this "record cancer" when almost no other labels do?
I have seen many records that have been played by a worn stylus and are
greying but none that I have ever seen, stop so abruptly as this record
does.

AA