I figured that I was not alone. The fact that it is incurable is of
course a total bummer. I tried both wet and dry methods as well and they
did nothing whatsoever. I think I will just trade it in at my local used
record dealer tell him of the condition and let him figure it out. I
think the cover alone may be worth something as Tom mentions in an
earlier response. Maybe someone can do some "record husbandry" and marry
this nice cover to a clean disc in a damaged cover.

C'est La Guerre,

AA