One archivist who works mainly with print material told me to buy some
boric acid, use it to make a moat around the items. Do this out in the
garage leave it for about 2 weeks. They hatch and evacuate, head for the
boric acid and die. No sprays, no oils, and specifically she mentioned
that this technique had been used for old boxes with good results.

joe salerno