In a message dated 10/31/2009 4:07:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

It  sounds identical to the recording on "A century of Recorded
Poetry"   which Rhino Records issued in 1996.  I gather that it has
been  exposed as a hoax.

The best article on this was published by Allen Koenigsberg in his Antique
Phonograph Munthly (now defunct) Vol. X, No. 3, 1992. This article is
referred  to often but it is, sadly, the text is not available on the web. It
would  behoove Allen to post the text on his website so questions could be
referred  there (more publicity for him) and a google search would bring up the
answer.

My copy of APM is filed away somewhere!!!

Steve Ramm