From: "Barnett, Kyle" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Introducing The Numero Group

Thanks, Michael for the post.

Numero Group's work has brought a lot of previously unheard and ignored
sounds to new audiences.  The label is adventurous, eclectic, and asks the
same from its listeners.  Like all reissue releases, a reissue asks us to
reconsider the music in question, on a number of levels.  In Numero Group's
case, they do quite a good job of contextualizing the music and presenting
it in the most interesting of ways.

With the rise of various reissue labels in recent years, there has been an
expansion in different genres represented.  This is a decidedly good thing
in my opinion, also because it challenges traditional notions of what
exactly is worthy of reissue.

Best,
Kyle Barnett