Regarding #2, EDVR just posted domestic VTMC sessions through April,
1922. We're not caught up on Gramophone imports, which is what 74256
is. John Bolig's Victor series is the definitive resource for such
information, and more. Don't leave home without a set there.

John lists 74256 as recorded July 3, 1911 and announced by VTMC in Dec. 1911.

Sam