Hi Melanie,

The Southern Historical Collection at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has an excellent training manual created in-house to train staff to encode EAD using NoteTab. Though some instruction is SHC-specific, I think anyone trying to encode an EAD finding aid would find it to be a valuable resource.

The training manual is available to the public on the SHC's public wiki:

http://www.lib.unc.edu/wikis/archproc/index.php/XML_at_UNC:_A_Guide_to_Writing_EAD_2002-Encoded_Finding_Aids_Using_NoteTab_Software

Joyce