Posted on behalf of Maureen Cech, University of Maryland:

*****
The Spring 2010 Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference meeting in  Wilmington, April 29 to May 1, is preparing a session on "Visualizing Metadata."   The theme of the conference is "Outside the Archival Box: Cultural Heritage Celebrations," and the goal is to encourage discussion and examine the collaboration among archivists and archival repositories and other professions and cultural heritage institutions. The session, "Visualizing Metadata," aims to educate archivists on new and potential uses of EAD and other metadata.  The panel session will consist of two to three speakers, each having approximately 20-30 minutes (depending on the number of speakers, of course), with time left over for questions from the audience.
*****

Anyone interested in participating, or who has suggestions for participants, should contact Maureen Cech directly at [log in to unmask] .  (I'll be demo'ing and talking about our elastic lists/EAD prototype.)

Michele

(be green - don't print this email!)
Michele Combs
Manuscripts Librarian