From: Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Schwartz, Christine
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 2:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [METS] METS and TEI?

Hi,

I'm looking for advice on the integration of METS and TEI documents. Is
it best to integrate TEI documents within a METS document, or keep the
TEI external and just link out to it?

We are at the beginning stages of planning METS/TEI, so there are no
legacy practices that we have to consider. Right now we use METS, Simple
DC in the mdWrap, and MIX.

Thanks,

Chris

Christine Schwartz
Metadata Librarian
Princeton Theological Seminary Libraries
http://www.catalogingfutures.com