Hi, Martin,

This is very problematic, and I do NOT think baking is a good idea.

There is a CHANCE that month-long cold soak in a desiccated
atmosphere (silica gel inside double freezer (or foil) Zip-Loc bags
in the fridge (not freezer)).

It has worked for some 3M 176 that showed this symptom. It has also
not worked for other tapes. Jim Wheeler gave me this technique. I
don't know his source. I haven't used it much.

The other thing to try is VERY slow unwinding - 1.88 in/s or slower.
Sometimes that alone helps.

The tape in the photo was baked based on a consensus of the people at
the seminar (including the tape owner) because we didn't have time
for cold soak and we wanted to see what would work (or not).

Since that article, I have had good results with 3M201 which had the
same problem and the 1.88 in/s wind-through solved it.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Richard