Has anyone heard of the Sonocolor brand? They were used in Israel from
the late 50's to the mid 70's. The tapes were either standard play with
blue leader, long play with green leader, or double play with yellow
leader. These tapes turn out to be fantastic time travelers. I have
transfered a few thousands of them so far and none have shown any signs
of aging whatsoever. They don't even get dirt on the transport.
Physically they look like the spiting image of BASF LGS tapes. The
engineer at the National Sound Archives in Jerusalem theorized that they
were actually BASF tapes rebranded so that their German origin will not
be known. I would  love to have any info on these tapes, mostly because
they are in such good shape after so many years.
Shai