In a message dated 12/4/09 3:17:39 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

See that  felt-lined
bin on the left, Paul?  That's clue number one.  This  thing is a
CHANGER!!!!!!!!  It worked by putting a stack of records  on the
turntable and this arm would lift and slide the top record into the  bin
when it was finished, and then the next one down on the stack would be
played.  There is a metal tag on the back of the turntable which says
"Use a flat, unwarped record at bottom of stack on turntable.  Start
with record pocket empty."
When the owner opened the lid the first thing I noticed was the pocket on
the left and I thought --- a changer!   The right edge of the pocket  is
slanted, to permit discs to slide in (and crack) rather than drop in (and
crack).   I saw something like this years ago in the home of a  friend's
parents.  I believe the plate on that machine  said  Vocalion --- a company I don't
associate with machines of this  period.   I also think the changing
mechanism was a bit different and  looked less like what might be a recording arm.
 I dismissed the idea  of changer here, however, because the storage
compartment was filled with  home-recorder discs.

I gather now that this GE model served both purposes.

Paul