Lou Houck wrote:
> Back in my mis-spent youth, I did just such a thing!  An old mono
> cartridge dragged on the record (Jack Benny / Dennis Day
> Christmas LP) but the damage was done...messed up Jack's
> opening remarks before I was able to stop the slaughter.
> Rest of the record is OK.
>
> Lou Houck

In this case the damage was done to an extremely common record!!!  There
are ELEVEN copies of it on ebay right at this very moment.  Just do a
search for Dennis Day.  The ones with the red stripe at the bottom are
mono, the stereos have a white logo stripe at the top.  Several copies
are in a group of other LPs.  And now that I think of it, I have seen
styrene pressings of this, but some are vinyl.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]