Thank you, Goran.  I had not heard of the term, son, for stamper.    I like
that one, but I don't know if the IASA had heard of that, either.  Here's
what they have on their page about masters:

" Master disc. A finished disc recording in edited or approved form from
which copies can be made in the recording producing process. It is used to
produce a reverse copy or metal matrix which has ridges instead of grooves
that is then used as a _stamper_ for producing copies in the single-step
process, or is used to produce a metal mother in the three-step process."

Also, thanks for the clarification, Tim W.  I had thought that by "two
examples," you meant that there were only two examples, not, "here are two
(of many) examples..."

Cordially,
     Andrew

www.serifsound.com