I lurk on this list from Bangkok and love reading about singers and
musicians who populate the 78 rpm world. However, I wanted to pose a
question and see if I can get some help. I work with television and
radio stations in East Asia and the Pacific on behalf of the Voice of
America. We normally have stations as clients who use our programming.
One station wanted some generic stock footage of a former president
around the White House. VOA subscribes to Reuters and APTN for such
video and while stations can use anything we create, we cannot transfer
third party rights to our clients.

So, is there a place where a station could look for free or cheap video
stock footage that would be broadcast quality? This knocks off most
stuff on the internet as it would not meet broadcast standards. I was
thinking presidential libraries but if anybody has any ideas beyond
that, I would greatly appreciate it. It may be too late for our clients
but if this comes up again, I would like to be able to offer them some
alternatives along these lines.

Thanks!

--
Neal Lavon