Aaron Levinson wrote:
> My friend Tony Vogdes said he recalls a cardboard record that came in
> a tri-folding piece of cardboard and came with a tiny fold out arm and
> a metal needle.
> Can anyone here tell me what that was and who made it? It sounds like
> a neat piece of forgotten, lo-fi audio history. Mr Biel what sayest thou?
>
> AA

I tried to buy one at the Wayne NJ music machines show earlier this year
but it was MUCH too expensive -- several times the amount that Peter
Muldavin lists as their values in his book "The Complete Guide to
Vintage Children's Records".  He has an illustration of one on page 11
in the introduction, but you have to guess where to find them listed in
the book.  They're on page 255 under the name Magic Phonograph and
Record, listing 9 titles from 1955 with a photo of one closed which
shows that drawing from page 11 showing it in use.   And by the way,
although the case was cardboard the record was plastic.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]