Hi Tom,
   One way to do it is to get what's called a KVM extender. There are
a few different manufacturers out there:

Gefen, Black Box, Minicom, Avocent... to name a few. Check out the web
sites.

There are different variations depending if you want to extend the
signal via CAT5 or fiber. Fiber extenders can extend
farther (10,000'!) and can be more expensive. Since you're using an
Apple monitor you'd have to make sure the extender
is compatible with the resolution of the Cinema display (it's DVI
right?). It also sounds like you're using a single keyboard/video/mouse
between 2 computers. I'm not sure if anybody makes a combination
extender/switcher.

I hope this helps.

Mark Shakarjian