In a message dated 12/2/2009 3:18:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I tried  to buy one at the Wayne NJ music machines show earlier this year
but it  was MUCH too expensive -- several times the amount that Peter
Muldavin  lists as their values in his book "The Complete Guide to
Vintage  Children's Records".  He has an illustration of one on page 11
in the  introduction, but you have to guess where to find them listed in
the  book.  They're on page 255 under the name Magic Phonograph and
Record, listing 9 titles from 1955 with a photo of one closed which
shows that drawing from page 11 showing it in use.   And by the  way,
although the case was cardboard the record was plastic.

Made by the Barker Book and Toy Company mid-50s. I've got mine put away
SOMEPLACE ;-)

Steve