Some time ago I was given a CAR Elcaset deck (of all things!) that
had a dozen or so pre-recorded music tapes, middle of the road stuff
such as Xavier Cugat and some "easy listening" music.

So pre-recorded Elcasets were indeed made and sold! It does belong in
there somewhere.

I'm donating the car deck to a friend's home museum and have never
tried to play them.

<L>