I am lately interested in the Olsen and Johnson musical, "Hellzapoppin'"
which ran from 1938-41 on Broadway. I know a film was made in 1941
(which I have seen) and it is not supposed to be  like the stage show
(perhaps it couldn't but Hollywood execs demanded a love interest "plot"
to go along with the mayhem). I ran a quick search at ARC and LOC and
did find one 1941 radio interview with Ole Olsen about the three-year
run of the show, which I presume was done on its closing. Love to hear
it, maybe some day. If anyone has a copy of that, I would certainly
appreciate knowing how to get hold of one.

But since the show at one time held the record for performances
(something like 1,404) on Broadway, I was wondering if any other
recordings or newsreels were made of the stage show. Anybody have any
ideas or any leads?

Thanks and Happy New Year from Krung Thep (Bangkok).

Neal Lavon
Box 72
APO AP 96546