From: "Dan Nelson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Media Timeline - Death of music business

The music business is not in death spiral because of any format... it is
dying because they fail to grasp the concept that  people/consumer wants to
pick and choose what they listen to.
The iPod/iTunes facilitated this... the consumer can pick and choose and
doesnt have to buy  a dozen filler selections on a cd for $14.95 when they
can  buy the one song they like for 99�.
The format has noting to do with the sales model.... its how that product is
sold.. not the box its in.
dnelson