From: "Dan Nelson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Media Timeline - Death of music business

The music business is not in death spiral because of any format... it is
dying because they fail to grasp the concept that  people/consumer wants to
pick and choose what they listen to.
The iPod/iTunes facilitated this... the consumer can pick and choose and
doesnt have to buy  a dozen filler selections on a cd for $14.95 when they
can  buy the one song they like for 99.
The format has noting to do with the sales model.... its how that product is
sold.. not the box its in.
dnelson