The pre-"Jazz Singer" Mischa Elman "Humoresque" was up on YouTube for ages,but I see Warner has pulled it.

                                           Roger

--- On Sat, 12/5/09, Steve Ramm <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Steve Ramm <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ARSCLIST] The new Warner Archives 6-DVD set of Vitaphone Music Shorts - GET IT NOW!
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 8:03 AM

My copy came on Thursday and it made my week! There' over 11 hours (!) of
great musical shorts on this SIX-DVD set. There are a few that have been
previously released (like "Pie Pie Blackbird" and Sammy Davis Jr. in "Rufus
Jones for President" but MOST of they haven't. They are not "restored" but
still in great condition. And each one can be watched separately. Nearly all
the first disc is the complete run of "Ramblin Down Radio Row" which has
well  known folks like Arthur Tracy, Jones & Hare and Baby Rose Marie along
with  overlooked but talented folks like Sylvia Foos.
Warners is literally giving this away at $39.95! (That's under $7.00 per
disc!). I still have a lot more to watch, and it came too late for me to
cover  in my December column in In The Groove (it will be in January issue) but
I  wanted to alert everyone that this is a MUST HAVE and should be # 1 on
your  Holiday wish list! And if you have friends who love musicals from the
20s and  30s, it makes a great gift. Warners has more of these in their vaults
and if  this sells well they might do another multi-disc volume.
If you happen to have the old "Dwn of Sound" laser disc set, don't worry.
This is different and, while a few are on that set, most of these are NEW to
 home video.). Also, unlike some other Warner sets, TCM is not airing
these.
So, pass up a dinner out, or a few movies in theaters and grab this set
ASAP! It's THAT good! (and you can pick up another single title or two to get
free shipping over $50.00.
Here is the link:
http://tinyurl.com/ybbt662

(http://www.wbshop.com/WB-BIG-BAND-JAZZ--SWING-Collection/1000123048,default,pd.html?cgid=ARCHIVE) Steve Ramm