  From: Michael Biel
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 11:43 AM
  Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] GRAY HAZE

  Lou Houck wrote:
  > Back in my mis-spent youth, I did just such a thing!  An old mono
  > cartridge dragged on the record (Jack Benny / Dennis Day
  > Christmas LP) but the damage was done...messed up Jack's
  > opening remarks before I was able to stop the slaughter.
  > Rest of the record is OK.
  >
  > Lou Houck

  In this case the damage was done to an extremely common record!!!  There
  are ELEVEN copies of it on ebay right at this very moment.  Just do a
  search for Dennis Day.  The ones with the red stripe at the bottom are
  mono, the stereos have a white logo stripe at the top.  Several copies
  are in a group of other LPs.  And now that I think of it, I have seen
  styrene pressings of this, but some are vinyl.

  Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]