From: Pekka Gronow <[log in to unmask]>
> Many libraries in Scandinavia use RFID, it is a practical technology.
> . . . the idea is attractive - you could even use them to inventory
> stock without taking the materials out of the shelves.

What is the range of these chips?  I can envision detector vans driving
around the town detecting un-returned books like they do detecting TV
viewers who haven't paid their license fee!!

Mike (in license-fee free U.S.A.) Biel  [log in to unmask]

P.S. Pekka -- I still get a lot of mileage out of telling the story of
the time when we ran into each other in a record store in New Zealand!