Hello Mark,

Tuesday, December 22, 2009, 12:50:29 AM, you wrote:

> Danger,
>     Merely setting up a wireless router or network switch doesn't
> solve the problem. Remote desktop control uses a PC to control another
> PC via a network or internet connection. Thus you still have a PC in
> the room. Why even bother moving it out then??  There is latency
> depending on network traffic. The best and most reliable way to
> control a computer CPU from another room is to have a hardwired
> (copper or optical)  KVM extender. I do this for museums, command/
> control centers, anywhere you need to directly control a computer.

> So what remote technology were you speaking of??

> Mark Shakarjian

> On Dec 21, 2009, at 7:54 PM, Danger wrote:

> Hello Mark,

> Monday, December 21, 2009, 7:38:14 PM, you wrote:

>> Wireless routers and network switches won't take the computer and it's
>> noise out of the room.

>> Mark Shakarjian

> I have no idea why you say this? If you move the computers and use any
> remote technology it will solve the problem.

Mark  what  I  am  saying is that once the machine is moved out of the
room  the  noise  element  is removed. Unless one builds a quiet pc or
uses  an  enclosure.  At  that  point  since  the  computer is working
independently  the latency of a 10 decent Meg switch is unimportant compared
to  the  96 KHz  or even the 192 KHz of the audio signal. This to me is a
worst  case scenario. In the case of VNC it is even built into the OS X
operating system.as is RDC in the windows,

--
Best regards,
 Danger                            mailto:[log in to unmask]