I’m curious if anyone on the list has experience with adding their EAD documents into a larger discovery system?

Here are two examples of what  I mean:

·         Triangle Research Library Network now indexes (and displays) entire EAD documents.

Example (in which I’ve restricted my results to “archival materials” and entered “ammons” as my keyword):

http://search.trln.org/search?Nty=1&Ntk=Keyword&Ntt=ammons&N=200092

·         University of Chicago library’s implementation of AquaBrowser seems to index entire EAD documents.

Example (in which I’ve searched for “American Automobile Brief History", quotes included, and where the first 3 results returned should be for archival finding aids):

http://lens.lib.uchicago.edu/?q=%22american%20automobile%20brief%20history%22

So, this leads me to three questions in particular:

1.       Can you point me to any other online examples of “discovery tools” that are ingesting entire EAD documents?  Summon, Encore, Primo, Blacklight, etc.??? (but, again, I’m not asking about OPACS that only search a MARC surrogate of the EAD)

2.       For those of you that are including the entire EAD in your library’s discovery tool, did you already have surrogate MARC records for those collections in your catalog?  If so, how are you dealing with those now that you’re adding the EAD?

3.       What do you think of whole retrieval experience (advanced search options, facets, incorporation into the relevancy algorithm, etc.)?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice and/or other examples that might be out there,

Mark Custer