At 01:51 PM 01-25-2010 -0700, you wrote:
>Actually it looks OK, but why in the world do you list that Decca 45 as
>from London, England???!!  It obviously is an American Decca record.  It
>has no relationship whatsoever with British Decca.

Hi Mike,

      When I looked, I couldn't find a U.S. city, state for it.  As fine
resources as they are for 45s, both Jerry Osborne's "Complete Library"
(1959-1967 volumes) and Ken Clee's "Stak-O-Wax" (5 volumes rcd. 10 days
ago, which really prompted this whole scanning project), which I have, are
very frustrating because they do not include even one location for any of
their thousands of "by label" listings.  Other than the Dirty Linen and
Sing Out! currently active label lists, the only resource I have found with
locations of defunct labels is Terry Gordon's,

http://www.rcs-discography.com/rcs/labels/d/

which I found after I looked for a Decca U.S. city and couldn't find
it.  Decca is/was in NYC per that site, so I updated my entry.  Thanks for
the correction.

      Is there a master list somewhere in print, or on-line, of every
record label that ever existed with start and end years of operation,
founder/owner names, street addresses or P.O. Box style contact
information, and.for labels which had owners who moved around, where they
were located during certain year periods?  Probably not.  That is why I try
to include a full address and the rest of the other details, if I can
discover it somewhere, for every label on my page, primarily because other
sources don't,

http://www.folklib.net/index/wi/wi_labels.shtml

PS: Per Shai Drori's comment just posted, oops, yes, I didn't notice the
"New York" on the label until just now, after she pointed it out.  I was
careless, or had a senility attack ... sorry.

PPS: The record for owners I know about who moved around, is Stephen Powers
and his Mountain Railroad, with 7 different addresses mentioned in liner notes,

http://www.folklib.net/index/discog/labels/mountain2_rr.shtml
Doug Henkle - mailto:[log in to unmask]
P.O. Box 1447, Oshkosh, WI 54903-1447