We evaluated HHB cdrs for use in our cd mastering operation in the 90s,
mostly
because of HHB's reputation , and the fact that their dat tapes were quite
good .
Test discs were burned  with Sony 900E , Sony 920 , and other  burners
interfaced
with our Sonic Solutions systems . Taiyo Yuden cdrs were also made of the
same
audio files and then the error rates were checked on all the discs using a
Stagetech
 cd error checker .

The HHB discs all had abnormally high error  rates ; the TaiyoYudens
all had very low error rates . So we never used HHB  discs in our studio
because they were crippled from the get go !

We're still using Taiyo Yuden discs exclusively and have been since 1997.
The first cdr
we ever burned in 1993 was on a TY cdr and it still plays fine  !

John Eberle
AMERICANA CD MASTERING
313 EAST COLLEGE STREET SUITE  3A
DICKSON , TENNESSEE 37055