In a message dated 1/29/2010 8:46:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

To  clarify, I meant the two days immediately following the  conference,
referencing Steve's message about staying an extra day to take  advantage of
cheaper airfare home.

I suppose I should have more  accurately said "Sunday and Monday", as that
would be how the hotel refers  to those two nights...

I'm flying home Tuesday so I can take advantage  of the cheaper airfare,
Monday red beans and rice, and one more day of  beignets ;-)

Dave. Just to let you know I did a search on both Travelocity and
Hotels.com and you'll be shocked. There is a big conference in town and I found  a
few $99.00 rates at some of the budget chains with very varying review.
Anything over 2 1/2 star is over $140./night!  In October we moved to a
charming hotel and got a rate of $72.00 but that Sunday and Monday they want
$99.00 and a THREE NIGHT minimum. It's the damn convention.

I was able to extend my Wyndham to Monday at the $129. rate - and I have to
 tell you the rooms are HUGE. 12 foot ceilings. For those in DC, this hotel
is  fancier.  ARSC was lucky they got the rate they did. And location is
great  cause it's safe and quiet. I figure anyone wanted to have time to
actually see  NOLA (will want to stay Sunday and at $65.00/ night for a separate
large bed  it's a bargain if you share.

Anyone who hasn't seen the photos on the hotel web site should check them
out here:

_Chateau  Bourbon - A Wyndham Historic Hotel_
(http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/MSYCB/guestrooms/allphotos.wnt)

Don't wait too long as I'm sure the ARSC block WILL sell out. And don't
shortcut your time in New Orleans - you'll need time to see everything and
it's  still all there in the French Quarter and the Garden District is mostly
back to  normal.

Steve