----- Original Message -----
From: "D. Blake Werts" <[log in to unmask]>
> This reminds me of something a little off topic:  my wife and I were
> discussing the pros and cons of the current Time Warner Cable (TW) and FOX
> network scuffles going on...  I expressed that I really wished that TW
> would just drop the FOX stuff since I'm generally not interested.  And I
> mentioned that what I really look forward to seeing was a model where we
> pick (and pay for) only the "channels" that we would actually watch.
>
> We counted out loud together...  we came up with only 5 out of the 110 or
> so channels that we're "paying for."

I was a Senior Service Tech for Rogers Cable Toronto for almost 18 years...I
got ALL the channels for free (except Chinavision)...all I ever watched was
The Weather Network and occasional NASCAR races! I didn't grow up
with TV (well, I did watch Howdy Doody at our downstairs neighbours" ?!)
and only watched TV regularly from late 1954 (when my grandmother, with
whom I lived, bought a set) to mid-1960, when I started attending
university.

These days, I have a nice analog Sony set...which I turn on a few times
per year! So I'm NOT typical at all...?!

Steven C. Barr