Regarding stylii for playback of Edison Discs :

The Edison factory  dimension spec for the stylus to play the 80 rpm
Hill and Dale Diamond Discs  is .0047"   . So ; any smaller stylus , such
as
.003 " ,  made to play 78s will ride the bottom of the groove and not the
sidewalls  resulting in less than optimum tracking of the modulation and
degraded audio  playback .
There are likely to be custom stylii manufacturers who could supply the
proper size stylus for your
favorite cartridge .  I prefer to use a meticulously maintained Edison
C-250 Laboratory Model Phonograph to play and to re-record my Edison Discs
.

It is of interest that the Diamond Disc repertoire contains many gems
by artists such as : Serge Rachmaninoff piano performances , Fletcher
Henderson's Orchestra ,
Vernon Dalhart of Prisoner's Song Fame , early country recordings by Ernest
 V. Stoneman ,
Fiddling Powers Family , Gene Austin & George Reneau and Cal Stewart (
Uncle Josh ).
Not to mention the US Marine Band , Billy Murray , Ada Jones  ,and recorded
speeches by
Teddy Roosevelt and so much more .

And the audio quality of these  recordings outstanding for their time ,
check out the
famous Edison Tone Tests where artists performed in public in direct
comparison with their
Edison Discs !

There is a treasure trove of music and audio history available on Edison
Diamond Discs and nowhere else .

Just my 2 cents -  -  -   again .

John Eberle
AMERICANA CD MASTERING