WHOOPS! The voltage stated is not relevant or correct! = balanced
audio runs at mic level as well as line level, not spec'd as voltage,
but line or mic level.

Sorry Paul, but I had to respond to misinformation. Perhap you
referring to +4 and -10?

Balanced is one thing, voltage or level is entirely another. And then
there is impedance. 150, 600 ohm, or High Z?

Balanced line level is pretty stable and relatively impervious to
interference, mic level is limited to several hundred feet. HOW it is
balanced is another matter entirely.

All this is basic audio engineering; professionals know what to do.
You can't just attach a balanced cable to an unbalanced source!
Grounding is another deep topic, simple if done right. We learned all
this in our early carreers or education.

Lou