From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Hello,

this is very strange; I have just received an ARSCLIST message from Emily
Smith that is the next largest I have ever received on ARSCLIST. This is
because we think that ARSCLIST does not accept attachments. And sure, enough,
although the file as received is 139kB, there is no attachment. However, in
the raw view, there is plenty of encoded information.

I looked for the largest files in my ARSCLIST collection (now at 33630
entries, including the dreaded "Rejected posting to ARSCLIST@...."). And it
seems that Dick Spottswood is able to post attachments, and large at that.
His (and mine) biggest is a whopping (whooping?) 2 MB and provides a wla file
of Cristóbal Díaz Ayala's acceptance speech for the ARSC Lifetime Achievement
Award. The next, which is only 121 kB, and shows an old advert in a very high
resolution.

It seems that Dick and NYPL are the only who are able to post attachments.
What is wrong? Or differently phrased, why are we so fortunate in those
instances?

On the subject of Emily's posting, I have been through her lists by receiving
them directly from her, and there are mouthwatering things. I profess that I
would like to see the items in person, but that is not doable. In some areas
Arthur Badrock and I seem to have had the same interest, only he put his
material to the common good by his consistent publishing, whereas my material
actually becomes more interesting by his work in putting things in context. I
am sure many would feel the same.

Kind regards,

George