From: Shai Drori <[log in to unmask]>
> Why don't they distribute themselves? With the internet it's so
> easy.  They have the material already so it's just a matter of
> putting it on services like itunes or whatever. Making a DVD
> is just as easy. In not States side so I'm not familiar with
> the territory, but like the Bul Ives site that has all his
> recordings for slae. Those that like Jack benny would find them.
> A bit of press (Ms. Leff sounds like she know how to PR)
> and that's that.my 2c  Shai

Why do you say things like this just shooting from the hip without doing
the MINIMUM amount of research of looking at Laura Leff's web site and
seeing that making the programs available on DVD is EXACTLY what she
does.  Instead of slandering her as just PR it would only have taken you
maybe three minutes to have discover that she is doing exactly what you
are accusing her of not knowing to do.  She distributes hundreds of his
shows, including all of the NBC programs digitally transferred directly
from the original 2-inch quad tape masters that she DID supervise their
transfer as the official representative of the Benny family which owns
the tapes and the rights.  She has published two books detailing every
episode of the Benny shows and three newsletter compilations that are
all so heavy they are difficult to pick up together.   She deserves your
apology.  Research before you post accusations, even if it is just 2
cents worth.  All you had to do was google "Jack Benny Fan Club" and go
to http://www.jackbenny.org  .

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]