From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of WIlliam McQuay
Sent: 11 January 2010 18:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] BWF BEXT Originator Field

Hi Kevin,

I'm a little late in getting to this thread. You might want to look
at http://www.ebu.ch/en/technical/publications/userguides/
bwf_user_guide.php

Page 3 has a list of suggested uses for this field and others.

Here at the Macaulay Library the  'Originator' field is used for the
sound recordist name.

I hope this helps.

Bill

On Jan 9, 2010, at 9:19 AM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It is my understanding that the "Originator" field in the BEXT
> chunk of
> a BWF file is not meant to indicate copyright or intellectual property
> rights ownership.  Is this correct?  Does anyone use it for that
> purpose?
>
> Thank you,
> Kevin Irelan
>
> SYDA Foundation

William McQuay
Supervising Audio Engineer
Macaulay Library
Cornell Lab of Ornithology

Our Mission:
To interpret and conserve the Earth's biological diversity through
research, education, and citizen science focused on birds.

Registered Office: 15 Stukeley Street, London WC2B 5LT, England.
Registered in England number 1421223

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited. Please note that the information provided in this e-mail is in any case not legally binding; all committing statements require legally binding signatures.

http://www.inflightproductions.com