From: Aaron Levinson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 10:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Another Studio Bites the Dust

It's a damn shame too. I just worked in that room in September and it was a great place. Good people, super equipment and an excellent vibe. It looked kinda quiet when I was there but I did not know how dire the situation was.AAJim Sam wrote:> It's a fairly common tale by now, but I thought those into modern recordings> might find it interesting. This week, Smart Studios, which is owned by> Butch Vig, et al., confirmed that it is in process of closing. This is> relevant to the Association for Recorded Sound Collections because some> rather famous records were made there. Among them: the Smashing Pumpkins> debut album and "Polly" off of Nirvana's album Nevermind.>> http://www.avclub.com/milwaukee/articles/madisons-smart-studios-closing,36900/> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_Studios>>