Hi Jay,

I haven't worked with born digital collections per se, but have worked with
numerous theoretical applications of EAD outside the traditional archival
finding aid context.  I think in your case, you should conceive of the
components within the <dsc> as a conceptual organization.  Your <archdesc>
describes your collection.  Your top level <c> elements describe series.
Series contain subseries (if applicable).  Subseries contain items.  EAD is
easily adaptable to describing collections of images or electronic
documents.  Box/Folder is simply a container.  It makes more sense, from the
standpoint of a patron, to browse a collection that is organized on semantic
concepts rather than literal physical containers, especially for one that is
born digital.  I would suggest sticking to the EAD 2002 schema for the
project.

Ethan Gruber