Dear JAC members,

The attached report summarizes all the outcomes determined thus far for the
2009 series of change requests for Part 3 of ISO 639; the outcomes for 11
requests are yet to be decided. Some of these should be announced soon
(within roughly the next two weeks). I invite you to comment on any of the
changes still pending (see link below), but most particularly I would like
to hear from you regarding my question posted last week about Hmong (see
http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/chg_detail.asp?id=2009-090 for details, in
addition to my message of last week.) Specifically, I have proposed adding
"Mong" as a name used with [hmn]. Peter Constable is the only person to have
commented thus far. Also, the changes relating to varieties of Greek will be
coming to this body for discussion at some time in the future.

New download tables incorporating all the announced changes are now
available at:

http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/download.asp

The individual documentation for each request remains available on the
website. The index of 2009 change requests (completed) may be found at

http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/chg_requests.asp?order=CR_Number
<http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/chg_requests.asp?order=CR_Number&chg_status=200
9> &chg_status=2009

If you have any questions regarding the decision made concerning any change
request listed, please do not hesitate to contact me.

The requests still pending are still listed at
http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/chg_requests.asp

Best regards,

Joan Spanne

ISO 639-3/RA