All I wanted to know was approximately how many entries are expected--
to compare it to the other ISO 639 standards. But perhaps that is
impossible at this point.

Rebecca

>>> Håvard Hjulstad <[log in to unmask]> 1/5/2010 7:13 AM >>>
Dear all,

I agree that the Linguasphere Registry still is an important source for
language information. I also find the document that Mr Lang circulated
quite interesting indeed.

However, the ISO 639-6 site is http://www.geolang.com/iso639-6/. That
is the only official source for ISO 639-6 data. (Hopefully, also this
repository will be merged with the rest of ISO 639 into the ISO Concept
Database in due course.) If you enter through the Geolang home page
(http://www.geolang.com/) and select "ISO 639-6" you will get the page
http://www.geolang.com/iso_639-6.php, which is a different page. I am
sure the ISO 639-6 Registration Authority will fix this.

I don't see any way to find out how many entries there are in the
database.

Best regards,
Håvard

Håvard Hjulstad