Second try.
GL

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Lang G�rard
Envoy� : mardi 5 janvier 2010 09:09
� : 'ISO 639 Joint Advisory Committee'; [log in to unmask]
Cc : Lang G�rard
Objet : RE: ISO 639-6 is available

Dear Rebecca,
Let me wish you a happy new year.
In fact, the written available version of ISO 639-6, First edition, 200-12-01, contains strictly no official list of alpha-4 ISO 639-6 code elements.
Only Annex A (informative)  "Example data"  gives a Table A.1-Nilo-Saharan (part) Saharan (part-exemple data only) containing 56 alpha-4 code elements, each given with an alpha-4 "parent identifier" and a "Language reference name".
The standard also writes that "at the time of the present publication of this part of ISO 639, the ISO 639-6 Registration Authority (ISO 639-6/RA) is held by:
Geolang Ltd,
 the URL of the website is http://www.geolang.com".
ISO 639-6's clause 8 "Administration of code assignments" writes that "the allocation of alpha-4 identifiers shall be administered by the ISO 639-6 Registration Authority".
It is nowhere explicitely written inside this standard, but it is natural to think that the web site for the ISO 639-6/RA http://www.geolang.com/iso639-6/ is where the  current ISO 639-6 code list is to be found.
But, in fact, the only available information I found on this site is "Currently ISO FDIS 639-6 is being prepared for FDIS vote."
So that the best available source" for comprehensive coverage of language variants" remains the principal source of ISO 639-6:
"Linguaspere Register of the World's Languages and Speech Communities: hebron (Wales) Linguasphere Press 200. 2 vol. ISBN 0-9532919-1-X, ISBN 0-9532919-2-8"
Whose author, David DALBY, was the initiator and first conceptor of ISO 639-6 as presented at the 15th plenary meeting of ISO/TC 37 in PARIS in August 2004, when the corresponding New Work Item was adopted, after a first presentation  by "The Linguaspere Observatory" of the british standard BS 8639 - Identification and Classification of the World's Languages and Communities including CLIP (Community and Language Identification Protocol) at the week meeting of ISO/TC 37 in Oslo in August 2003.
David DALBY is still developping his work, that rem�ains by far the more interesting system in this domain.
You will find attached with this message, my note 55.2009.doc, written in french language, that could nevertheless have some interest for you.
Bien cordialement.
G�rard LANG