Dear MODS experts,
We’ve got a lot of original materials of artists which used to put some short handwritten notes on their works.
I think it would be nice to encode this as "note".
But what type would be sufficient here?
I think it should be "source note". This type is on the "official" list at <http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/mods-notes.html> .

So an example would be

<note type="source note">
	I am not sure about this...
</note>

I am unsure if "source note" is right, because the meaning of "source note" could also be interpreted different than "handwritten" (like a note about the source we've got it from).

Of course I could define it by myself and put it like <note type="handwritten"> - but I want to be as close as possible to the official MODS declaration.

But maybe there is a better approach than "note" for this kind of thing?

So what would you suggest to encode handwritten remarks within MODS?

Thanks a lot,
Wolfram Zieger

Wolfram Zieger
IT Struktur Support

Kunsthistorisches Institut in Florenz - Max-Planck-Institut
Via Giuseppe Giusti 44
50121 Firenze
Italia

Tel:    +39 055-2491 159
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
web:    www.khi.fi.it

KHI-intern:
- Telefon:  259
- Standort: Büro im Anschluss an Bereich S (Photothek)