Hi,

The following from the DLF Aquifer Guidelines caused some confusion at our institution:

However, the DLF Aquifer examples are including the authority attribute at both the name and the subject levels:

<subject authority="lcsh">
<name type="personal" authority="naf">
 <namePart>Woolf, Virginia</namePart>
<namePart type="date">1882-1941</namePart>
 </name>
 <titleInfo>
<title>Three Guineas</title>
 </titleInfo>
<topic>Criticism and interpretation</topic>
 </subject>

What do other institutions do?  Code the authorities at both the subject and name level?

Another thought, if you are recording values in a string, rather than parsed into name, title, and topic sub-elements?

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Betsy McKelvey