We have one finding aid over 1 MB which our CMS doesn’t handle, so I encoded several of the larger series into separate EADs, and linked to them from the “main” EAD using <archref>.  Not very slick, but it basically works.  It can be viewed at http://www.yu.edu/libraries/EAD/index.aspx?ID=27744.

I appreciate this discussion, because not being very web-savvy, I didn’t even know about limits on file sizes that can be accessed through search engines.  Thanks, list.

Deena Schwimmer

Associate Archivist

Yeshiva University Archives

<snip>Are there any repositories out there who are separating long finding aids into separate EAD files?  If so, would you mind sharing your documentation of that process?  I have an idea of how we might do it, but would like to see how other repositories are handling this.