<snip>Are there any repositories out there who are separating long
finding aids into separate EAD files?  If so, would you mind sharing
your documentation of that process?  I have an idea of how we might do
it, but would like to see how other repositories are handling this.

We have one finding aid over 1 MB which our CMS doesn't handle, so I
encoded several of the larger series into separate EADs, and linked to
them from the "main" EAD using <archref>.  Not very slick, but it
basically works for now, given our "plain-vanilla" presentation for our
finding aids.  It can be viewed at
http://www.yu.edu/libraries/EAD/index.aspx?ID=27744.

I appreciate this discussion, because not being very web-savvy, I didn't
even know about limits on file sizes that can be accessed through search
engines.  Thanks, List.

Deena M. Schwimmer, Associate Archivist

Yeshiva University Archives

mail:  500 W. 185th St. / New York, NY 10033 / interoffice: MGL - 602

email: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  / phone: (212) 960-5451
/ fax: (212) 960-0066